By James J. Licari
This booklet explains the chemistry and houses of the most kinds of polymer coatings utilized in the electronics undefined. It outlines the easiest strategies for overlaying, cleansing, and floor training, in addition to for software and curing of coatings. And, it outlines govt rules and formula adjustments to satisfy VOC and toxicity standards. it is the first publication in a chain particularly addressing the key meeting fabrics and tactics serious to the functionality and reliability of microcircuit modules.
Read Online or Download Coating Materials for Electronic Applications - Polymers, Processes, Reliability, Testing PDF
Best extraction & processing books
The 32 papers have been chosen and peer-reviewed from these submitted for ebook from the solidification symposium on the convention on fabrics improvement and alertness. one of the themes they give thought to are the thermal roughening of a solid-on-solid version with elastic interplay, modeling warmth and solute flows in the course of the solidification of droplets, the in-situ optical selection of a fragment strong, the three-d reconstruction of experimentally grown xenon dendrites, grain sedimentation and soften convection phenomena in the course of globular equi-axed solidification, studying the solidification of microstructure in multi-component gamma titanium aluminide alloys, and the simulation of stray grain formation in funding forged turbine blades.
Complex Computing in Electron Microscopy, 2d version, brings jointly different info on photograph simulation. a useful source, this booklet offers info on a number of tools for numerical computation of excessive answer traditional and scanning transmission electron microscope photos. this article will function a useful tool for college kids on the complicated undergraduate or graduate point, in addition to skilled researchers within the box.
Those court cases comprise the papers overlaying fabrics for prime temperature strength plant and strategy plant purposes awarded at fabrics Congress ninety eight Frontiers in fabric technology and know-how. the chosen papers are principally within the type of serious reports overlaying the advance of fabrics for either present and destiny purposes.
- Review of Extraction, Processing, Properties, and Applications of Reactive Metals: 1999 TMS Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, February 28 - March 15, 1999
- Handbook of Silicon Wafer Cleaning Technology (Materials Science and Process Technology)
- Handbook of Natural Fibres. Processing and Applications
- Process techniques for engineering high-performance materials
- Nanostructured metals and alloys - Processing, microstructure, mechanical properties and applications
Additional info for Coating Materials for Electronic Applications - Polymers, Processes, Reliability, Testing
In general, sulfur gases in the ambient are quite low and electronics are well packaged and stored. Several methods are used to measure the gas permeabilities of polymer films. According to ASTM D1434 either a manometric (M) or a volumetric (V) test method may be used. In either case, the sample film is mounted in a gas transmission cell so as to form a sealed semibarrier between the two chambers. One chamber contains the test gas at a specific elevated pressure. The second chamber is either evacuated, into which the permeation of gas is measured by an increase in pressure (Method M), or contains the gas at a lower pressure to record a change in volume (Method V).
2.  These methods are described in Ch. 6. 2. Factors Affecting Moisture Permeability Factor Usual Effect on Permeability Solvent entrapment Increase Plasticizers Increase Structure of film Polar, hydrophobic Polar, hydrophilic Nonpolar Decrease Increase Decrease Degree of cross-linking Decrease Crystallinity Decrease Metal Migration. Associated with moisture absorption and permeation is the ability of a coating to prevent or suppress metal migration. Metal migration, especially silver migration, occurs between closely spaced conductor lines in the presence of moisture and an applied voltage.
4. Sward hardness vs cure time for polyurethane coating. 8 Particle Shielding Although organic coatings are not generally used in hermetically sealed circuits, some NASA and military programs have required their use to assure that any particles that remain on the circuit after cleaning or that may slough off after sealing do not migrate and cause electrical failures. Under vibration, impact, or acceleration, particles trapped within a hermetic seal, especially metallic electrically conductive particles, can cause shorting between conductor traces.